Friday 17 June 2011

Olay Luscious Embrace Cleansing Body Wash

Recently I purchased a body wash from Olay's new line of body products. There are three new collections, Luscious Embrace, Silk Whimsy, and Purely Pristine. I went with Luscious Embrace because it has exotic scents of orchids, papaya, blackberry, and black currant. The product I decided to try was the Cleansing Body Wash.

I was somewhat disappointed because I heard a lot of great reviews about the new line, and it failed to have the effect on me that was promised. It would barely lather, even with a wet loofah. After two weeks I had to throw my loofah away because it had completely dried out and was rough. No body washes that I used before did this. I use moisturizer, but my skin needed double the amount because it was so dry. Also it is filled with chemicals like sodium laureth sulfate, artificial colouring and fragrance. The steam in my shower would make the scent very strong, but instead of relaxing and feeling cleansed from exotic ingredients, I felt like I was breathing in chemicals.

Overall, the only people I would recommend this product to are people who have oily skin or extreme sweating due to how drying it is. Also, maybe it would work better with the Luscious Embrace Body Lotion so if you're willing to buy both, go ahead and try it! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment