Saturday 19 March 2011

Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner

I used to wash my hair with toxic shampoos and conditioners like Pantene, Herbal Essences, etc. But when I learned the dangers of chemicals like sodium lauryl sulfate and preservatives like parabens, I knew I needed a healthy alternative.

I tried Avalon Organics because it is an all natural product, with 70% from organic content and 100% vegetarian ingredients. Of course, I knew my hair wouldn't look as picture perfect as Pantene would make it, but I decided the risk was worth it.

The Lavender Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner leaves my hair feeling strong, healthy, shiny, and smells amazing! The shampoo lathers well. My hair doesn't get tangled but I must admit it felt brittle after the first couple of washes.

Our hair goes through a type of "detox" phase when switching to organic alternatives. It is similar to when we change to an organic facial cleanser, and your face detoxes by cleaning itself and leaving junk out on your face sometimes but soon it looks clean again. With hair, it feels brittle and dry after the switch, but once you're about halfway through the bottle, your hair gets used to it, and moisture gets restored. Make it a habit to use organic hair products, that way you don't always have to detox and will genuinely have healthier hair than most people out there. (Did you know that Herbal Essences uses petroleum, the oil used to run cars, in their products?) Remember, natural is beautiful and your hair will thank you for it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I actually found your blog through a link you posted on Makeup Alley for Biore Pore Strips. Imagine my surprise when the very first post I saw was for the shampoo I literally bought today--except in the lemon scent. I haven't even tried it yet, and wasn't looking for reviews or anything. So weird.

    I'm going to try it out this weekend for the first time, and after a few weeks, I'll let you know what I think. I love beauty product review blogs, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really? What a coincidence, haha. I hope Avalon Organics shampoo works well for you :D
    Thanks so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete